Friday 8 July 2011

Catching Up

I thought I'd better post a proper update, since if Aunty Apple doesn't get her squees, there'll be trouble!

Sproutling is about fifteen weeks old now and still.. well, sprouting! He's rapidly outgrowing most of the clothes people gave us when he was born, so I find myself having to make sure he's worn something at least once before the opportunity is missed.

Some lucky parents will tell you that their little one slept right through the night from an early age. I haven't quite been that lucky since Sprout still likes to wake up at least once during the small hours, but he is very considerate in going to sleep quite reliably between 6:30 and 7:30 each night. I wake him up for a dream feed before I go to bed at 10 or 11, then he'll usually be out until at least 3. I am carefully storing up my sleep since I'm expecting things to be a little more wakeful as teeth start to appear.

Sprout started to sleep in his own room at about the three month mark. Since we have two cats, we're keeping doors closed and relying on a baby monitor. We also recently acquired an old screen door and attached it to his door frame so that we can leave the door open during the day. This allows a bit of air and sound flow while keeping the cats from hairing up the room.

In all other ways he's just a gorgeous little boy! He smiles and drools a lot and is pretty much the cutest baby in the world.  At least to his biased mum, anyway ;)

Incidentally, Sproutling is currently co-starring in an epic adventure in the making over at the Wow-blog D/E the Tank - go and check it out for many squeees!

Sproutling deals with a non-internet dragon

No comments:

Post a Comment