Friday 20 May 2011

Progress: Two Months

The Sproutling has now dinged two months and is growing like... well, like a Sprout! Now he actually fits into the Sproutfit I got for him before he was born! Here's a little catch up on what we've been up to.

We have been getting some smiles for a few weeks now, but he doesn't quite smile on demand so there is precious little photo-evidence. No giggles just yet while awake, but he's certainly vocal and chats away to us.

He is getting much better at holding his head up straight and looking curiously around at everything.  In fact while awake he is so alert and inquisitive that we have a hard time with him wriggling around so much! He doesn't quite reach out for things but does watch them intently.

Just this week I've noticed a bit of a sleeping pattern starting - if we get up early enough he will have a morning and an afternoon nap, but I have to actually go put him in bed when he's tired. If he goes to sleep on me, I have to hold him all afternoon or he wakes up and gets upset. I've actually started to put him to sleep on his tummy at night.  I know, it's not recommended and it's supposedly not safe, but he sleeps so much better that way! Just last night we had a 5-hour stint which meant only two feeds during the night instead of three - I woke up before he did at 3am and had to check to make sure he was still breathing! Hopefully this is the start of a longer night's sleep.

Each day is full of wonder at this stage, as Sproutling discovers the world around him and responds to Mr Ang and I as we try to make him smile. I wish this precious time would never end, it's completely adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment